Sunday, November 1, 2015

Santa with Lantern



I can't believe it's November 1st already. I'm still working on Fall cards for my classes. 
However, I just purchased some Christmas Images from Craftsuprint.com and had to use one today. It's officially the start of my Christmas Card Extravaganza. This first one will probably go to one of my small Grandsons. I love the way it turned out.

I usually turn to sketch challenges for my starting inspiration. When I saw the sketch on Taylored Expressions Share the Joy Challenge, I knew it was the right one for this image. 
I cut a piece of CTMH Ruby Cardstock and then dry embossed it with the new CTMH Confetti Embossing Folder. I then sanded it so it looked like snow.

I used some scraps of red and white striped paper and border punched one of them.
I used a Spellbinders die to mat the image. and tied it all up with a dark green satin bow.

The Merry Christmas is from the stamp set included in with the CTMH exclusive Cricut Artfully Sent Cartridge bundle.

Other Challenges for this card:
Southern Girls Challenge - Rocking the Stripes
ABC Christmas Challenge - "V" is for Very Cute
Addicted to Stamps - Holiday
Fab 'n' Funky - Christmas
Scrapy Land - Embossing and a Die
Allsorts - Christmas

6 comments:

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card with what I believe to be the best looking Santa ever. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

Rahmat said...

This is such a festive looking card, love it. thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Patricia St Martin said...

Christmas card is just gorgeous with all the wonderful colors. Beautiful layout, love all the layers of paper. Thank you for joining us at Scrapy Land.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
Scrapy Land Store
rubber stamping is my game blog

Mervi said...

Fabulous Santa card, so lovely!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Carissa said...

Adorable card, love the image. Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa