Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Masculine Birthday




I purchased this SU stamp set some time ago mainly for the train. I Finally got around to making a card with it.  I find it difficult to make masculine cards due to lack of really nice masculine images.

I stamped the train and sentiment with Black Memento Ink, used clear detail embossing powder and heat embossed.

I used a Close to my Heart Paper Pack called Wanderful. The Happy Birthday is from an upcoming April Stamp of the Month and the yellow stars are actually white stars that I colored to match the Honey Cardstock, with color Y222 ShinHan Alcohol marker.

The round embellishment on the front of the circle was something I had lying around and thought it would look nice there. Why not.....one less thing lying around my craft room! *Ü*

The design of this card was inspired by a sketch from Technostampers Challenge Blog.

Other Challenges for this card:
Craft Hoarders Anonymous - Have a nice trip
Marker Pop -  Anything with ShinHan or Copic Markers
Sparkle and Sprinkle - Loose glitter or embossing powder
Sentimental Sundays - Anything
Corrosive Challenge - Anything
Sister Act - Anything

10 comments:

creative lady said...

Nice masculine card. Love your take on the sketch and the train image. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Unknown said...

Lovely design.
Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

Glenda said...

This is wonderful! I love the background and of course the train! Thanks for joining us for this challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

MJ said...

Nicely done, great combination of images and papers. Great masculine card, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful masculine birthday card. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Great choices for a masculine card! You added some really great details, too. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Amber Milone said...

Love this great masculine birthday card! Wonderful layout. Thanks for joining us at CHACB!

Pammejo said...

Fabulous Card...love the sketch you shared. Thanks for joining us at the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

Ann said...

Wonderful guy card. Love the train.

Gloria Stengel said...

I love that vintage train. I have a "thing" for trains and even model train displays. This is a great card! Thanks for sharing your work at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!