Sunday, January 13, 2013

Winter Blossom



My card today was made for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge which is to use something new. The  Flourishes Stamp set, Winter Blossom, the red velvet ribbon, and the yellow flower soft are all new.

The design inspiration started with a Verve challenge sketch, week one. I did a lot of stamping, coloring and cutting out, and layering with these images to get the dimension I was looking for.I wanted to keep the colors soft pastels except for the splash of red in the berries and ribbon. They were all colored in with Copic Markers.

All of the stitching around the card was done by hand with matching Embroidery Floss. I always prefer the dimension I get with hand stitching over machine stitching. I added some Flower soft to the centers of the flowers.













This card also fits perfectly for this challenge:
Quirky Crafts - New & Pink


3 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

I love your work Nancy, this is gorgeous!

Joan V said...

Very pretty card. Saw this on the challenge entry board. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

lovely card Nancy right up my street with the colouring Regards Andrew