Thursday, December 9, 2010

FSS - Wreath &Christmas Rose


I love playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. For this card, I used the Fred She Said Christmas Wreath and the Christmas Rose. Both come in Digi or pre-colored. As much as I love coloring with Copic Markers, I chose the pre-colored images for my card just to get it done faster.

I love this wreath and I love the candles and roses so I decided to combine the two. This is the beauty of Digi's. You can make them what ever size you need. I think I may have to make a similar card in a 5.5 x 5.5 card so I can make the wreath bigger. Christmas card making may be coming to an end, but I think these images would make beautiful Winter Birthday Cards too.

I used Red Embroidery Floss for the Hand Stitching.

Other Challenge Blogs this card was mae for:
A Spoonful of Sugar - A Christmas Card
Tuesday Taggers - Deck the Halls
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes

9 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is absolutely stunning! Beautiful images...the perfect combination, and you aced the sketch hands down!

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow Nancy this is amazing. You are so talented and to exquisite work. Love your cards. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous, what a wonderful colors and coloring.

greetings karin

Cazro said...

I zoomed in on your card, the workmanship and detail is stunning. Thanks for joining in tuesday Taggers. I wish you luck. cheers Caz

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Nancy!
This is a lovely christmascard. So warm and welcomming - it really captures the love of the holidays.

Thank you so much for joining in on our challenge. We really appriciate your support and hope to see you again for our nw challenges in 2011.

Mvh
Gunn
Midnight Madness Design Team

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Nancy, your card is amazing! The stitching is so pretty and really finishes the red just beautifully. Your center wreath and candles are so pretty and the embossing and pearls such a lovely touch. Absolutely stunning creation!

Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas and all the best for the New Year!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

marsha said...

Nancy, congrats on your win! A very "remarkable" card indeed!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT

marsha said...

Nancy,
Big OOPS - I meant to say your card is a real "masterpiece"!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT

Michelle Pearson said...

tee hee! I saw you won a remarkable award....but I never had time to even LOOK at the thumbnails! I'm sure if I had this one would have hopped off the page at me! I love this wreath...and never even got around to playing with it this winter! ARGH! Happy New Year to you....I look forward to seeing more of your beautimous creations in 2011!! :)