Thursday, November 18, 2010

Another Smiley Snowman - SC307



There's just something about this image that I can't get away from. He just makes me smile.

I played along with the Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge from yesterday.

The Digi Image is from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and is called Smiley Snowman. There is also a Clear Stamp version of this also and comes with sentiments.

I love using the chunky Diamond Dust on my snowmen. This product is so sparkly but yet doesn't cover up all of the linework.
The snow is a combination of liquid Applique, faux flower Soft and Fine glitter. I sponged blue chalk on the background, then dotted it with white liquid applique and heated it.

I used som old Basic Grey papers.
The snowflakes are die cuts from A Spellbinders Die mand then I coated them with glitter. You can never have too much glitter for wintere of Christmas cards.

The Hand Stitching was done with White Embroidery Floss in my snowflake pattern.

Other Challenge Blogs this card was made for:
Speedy the Cat's Friends - Snowflakes
ABC Christmas Challenge - X is for Christmas

5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

So cute! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card, Nancy! Fantastic image and papers, and I love the handstitching! Thanks for joining the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx

jimlynn said...

OMGoodness.....this is GORGEOUS!!!! Beautiful card and that hand stitching is just awesome.
Lynn

Becky said...

This is so adorable, love the dp and those snowflakes. Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Virgo5 said...

Oh this is gorgeous! II love the papers and of course your beautiful hand stitching!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!