Friday, May 28, 2010

Sweet Peas - CPCmag - CASE Arftist Grace

This is my second post for today. I actually started this card last Saturday, but other obligations got in my way of finishing it. And today is the last day of the challenge at Christian Paper Crafts CASE Artist Saturday.

This is my first time playing in this challenge, but I have admired Grace’s artwork for a long time and as soon as I saw it was Case Grace, I had to play. You see, I had admired her Sweet Pea card and it was one of the reasons I actually got that stamp set, and then I never used it. So, this case was a no brainer. Here is her GORGEOUS card for you to check out. It's the second card. You can't miss it.

I used a Flourishes stamp set called Sweet Peas.
My cardstock is from Close to my Heart and the DP is Basic Grey, Porcelain.
I stamped with Memento Black Ink pad and colored with Copic Markers.
I also colored the half pearls with my Copics.

The Hand Stitching was done with matching embroidery floss. Yes, I know, Grace didn't have any stitching, but the hand stitching is actually my signature on my cards. I very seldom make a card without it. It's just something I LOVE to do.

3 comments:

Merry said...

Oh wow. What a stunning card. Love the colours and that sweet pea image is beautiful.

Julie said...

My word! What a beautiful card. Hand stitching as in "by hand?!" not by machine? What skill. X

Grace said...

Oh my goodness I am so honored that you cased my card... and you did it soooo beautifully!!! I am in awe of your stitching!!! Your colroing... every detail is perfect and I just love it!!! This should be framed!!! Thanks so much for casing my card and making this such a special week!!!! Hugs and Blessings!
Grace