Friday, April 30, 2010

Water Lily Easel Card

This card was made for Digi Day over at SNR & PCP yesterday, but, I just couldn't get the grandchildren to nap at the same time so I could finish it in time to play along. I'm just having a real hard time lately getting good pictures of my cards. I think I need a new camera.

The sketch used for the front of this card is from the Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.

This is an Easel Card. I really am addicted to making them. The theme was Mother's Day. I was going to put Happy Mother's Day on the inside where I have the water lily, however, after punching the fan border on the designer paper, I thought the image to the left of the water lily looked like a frog. Vivid imagination!!! Anyway, I decided to make a second water lily to place next to my "FROG" instead of words.

Each Water Lily, a digi image from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, was printed three times, colored with Copic Markers, cut out and layered with foam tape for a 3D affect.
I used my new Nesties, In Spades, for behind the focal point and in the corners.

The hand stitching around the card front was done with Embroidery Floss.

Other Chalenges for this card:
Dutch Dare - Easel Card - Repeat something. I repeated the water Lily.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Nancy! Wow! Love all the fabulous details. This card really shines!

Janiel/ janny said...

Nancy this is STUNNING!!!!!!! Your coloring is FAB!!!
LOVE IT!!
hugs, Janiel