Monday, February 15, 2010

Purple Iris - MMSC-40

Good morning on this Beautiful Sunny Presidents Day. After getting 2 feet of snow last Wednesday, they are calling for another 6" later today. Joy of Joys.
Well, here is a Spring card for you to enjoy if you also have snow you don't know where to go with.  I wanted to post this yesterday, since I am trying to make a card a day, however, this one seemed to take me forever to make.


The inspiration for this one came from Midnight Madness Sketch 40. I just love their sketch again this week. They actually give you a choice of two sketches. One simple and one more dramatic. Yes, I always go for dramatic.
I drew the left hand side piece free hand and then used the swiss dots embossing folder on it. It started out as a monochromatic card in Amethyst, but once I added that touch of yellow to the Iris, I decided to even it out with more yellow.

Other Challenges for this card:
 Incy Wincy Designs Challenge 30 to use punches. I used four differnt punches for my card.
C.R.A.F.T Challenge 37 - Digi Coloring
Pile It On Challenge #6 - Flowers.

I used a Digi image from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps called February Iris. I printed it out and colored it twice. Then cut the second one including all of the tiny inside parts. Gee, maybe that's why it took me forever to make this cards! Then I mounted it on top of the first colored image with foam tape fore a 3D affect.

The The cardstock is Amethyst & the DP is from a retired pack from Close to my Heart.  The flowers and leaves were made with punches.
The Hand stitching around the card was done with matching Amethyst Embroidery Floss.

22 comments:

Priscilla said...

Nancy, your card this week is just so beautiful. You can really see all the time and hard work you put in your cards. Your take on the sketch is so awesome and that side element is one of the best I have see this week. It is amazing along with your hand stitching..wowzer. Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day.. I “LOVE” that you are around to share with us and your work fills my heart with joy. Hope your weekend was filled with lots of love and of course crafting ;) Be sure to check the sneak peek.
Sending LOVE your way <3 <3 <3
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Carol Hurlock said...

Nancy, one look at your card and I feel like spring has sprung. How totally delightful and charming this image is done with these fabulous colors. It doesn't get any better than this!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week and the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Danni said...

This is just so beautiful! Soft and pretty!

Liz said...

Great card great punchouts thanks for joining incy wincy this week
liz x

Chris (catt871) said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!I love flower and the colours are so soft and pretty....looks FABULOUS!!!! Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs this week!!!
Chris & the DT

Nikki said...

What an beautiful card
Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki

Jolene Barron said...

Gorgeous...as always!! I love your work, and I love it even more that you are such a dear friend :o)
Jolene

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Nancy - this is just gorgeous, so soft and feminine - I love it!! Your colours are so pretty and the side pabel is fabulous - definiately a favourite with me! It is great to have you playing along this week with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge your cards are such a delight to see. We look forward to seeing you next week!
Linda MMSC Design Team

andrea said...

beautiful card,thankyou for joining at c.r.a.f.t. this week
andrea

Rose said...

Beautiful card, the iris is lovely. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose x

Audrey said...

What an elegant card! I love the border on the left and the colors you used are so soft and beautiful.
Great details. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Eiglas said...

Beautiful card !
Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Claire Phillips said...

Digi colouring is so fun! Thanks for playing along in our Digi colouring challenge at C.R.A.F.T..Such a beautiful card! Cheers Claire x

cheryl said...

wow this is beautiful so elagant thanks for joining us over at incy this week love cheryl xxxx

Priscilla said...

Congratulations again :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess :)

Heather "Hev" said...

Absolutely stunning :)


Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this week :)

Trimgym said...

Great card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Jennifer said...

What an adorable card! Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at PIO. Hugs!

Tam said...

Hi Nancy,

Gorgeous card and cute flower.

Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs.

Tami

Rosanne said...

Lovely! Thanks for Piling It On!

CathyC said...

This is just gorgeous! So much work on this one!
I am always on the look out for nice iris images - thanks for saying where you got it from!

Jennifer said...

Hi Nancy! This card was selected as one of the Pile It On winners this week! Head on over to the blog, and get your badge. Congrats & Hugs!!