Wednesday, September 30, 2009

SSS-23 - Christmas Poinsettia



 It's Wednesday and time for another card for the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge. You still have time to join in on this sketch challenge. You may use what ever stamps you have on hand to participate. SNS stamps are not required.

It's hard to believe that Christmas is only 12 weeks away. Holy Cow, where did the summer go. Oh, that's right, we didn't really have a summer here in PA.  We had so much rain and cloudy days that my mums are now 4 1/2 feet tall. No kidding. They were stretching for the sunlight that we didn't have much of.

Anyway, back to the Sketch Challenge Card.  I chose to use a Sweet 'n Sassy set called  "Christmas Poinsettia" for this weeks card. This fabulous stamp set has a total of Nine stamps. Four images and Five sentiments and is an amazing price of only $11.25. So, if you're looking to start your Christmas cards early, click on the link above and pick up your set today.

The images were colored using Copic Markers.
Stitching around the card and center piece was all done by hand using matching embroidery floss.
I used Gold glitter for the centers of the poinsettias.

2 comments:

Barb g (WV) said...

Very Pretty, Nancy...You have some amazing work posted, I'll have to come back and look around a little longer. You did a wonderful job with the SSS23 sketch.
Barbg(WV)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

How in the world did I miss so many posts? I must say I'm enjoying my long overdue visit to your blog. So much loveliness to see. This card is beautiful!