Monday, July 6, 2009

Sketch Saturday - #58


This is sketch 58 from Sketch Saturday.

This is such a great sketch and I decided to use it for the Humble Artists July Card Swap.

The requirements were to make a 5"x5" card, have it mainly pink in color, have flowers, a stamped image cut out, at least 4 to 5 layers, ribbon, buttons, have a quote stamped on it and have stitching. WHEW!!! I think I got everything in.

I changed this one around slightly from the ones for the swap. Mine is 5.5" x 5.5" and has a little more stitching which I love to do by hand with embroidery floss.
All products on this card are Close to my Heart.
The stamp set used is called "Endless Friendship". I just LOVE this set!!!

The papers are the reverse side of the Close to my Heart Bella Papers to give me the Hollyhock pink. The cardstock, leaves and embroidery floss are Garden Green.

The ribbon is Hollyhock twill and a bow with Hollyhock 1/8" stitched ribbon.

All of the flowers were stamped with Hollyhock and blush inks. Leaves with Garden Green and Olive inks. Then they ALL were cut out and layered with foam tape for a 3D affect. The only think not cut out were the tiny flowers.

Dark Pink Dew Drops used in the corners and as flower centers.

Olive buttons with Garden Green embroidery floss tied in the holes.


2 comments:

Stampin Lucy said...

Holy smokes Woman.....this is GAWGEOUS!!

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL Nancy! Wow!!! This is one of my favorite sets right now too...but my mind did come up with anything as grand as this :) Great Job!!!