Monday, June 1, 2009

PB Sketch Challenge Week 51

This is the inside of the card. The color is really off on this. The color should be the same as the front of the card shown above. Same CS, B&T and colors of inks were used.

This is the sketch for week 51
I turned it 1/4 turn so it would fit my image

The image on this card is from Penny Black Acrylic stamp set "Enjoy Life". This is the same image as Chickadee Blossom in the wood mounted. I may just have to buy the wood mounted also because it is bigger and I just love this image. I think it would be fun to have it in both sizes.

I just love these challenges because it helps me get creative.

The stitching on the front and inside of card is all done by hand. I love hand sewing and I find that I have more choices with matching my embroidery floss to may papers then I do with sewing machine thread. The stitching on the front is actually done in two colors, Twilight and Heavenly blue. The stitching on the inside is done with Heavenly blue.

The tag with Thinking of you is a CTMH June Stamp of the month, Tender Tags, stamped with Twilight Ink.

I hand crocheted the three flowers, then mixed some pearl paint with Blush reinker and painted the inside of each flower. When almost dry, I rubbed a little clear glitter into each for just a little sparkle. I then attached a Big Brad in the center of each flower and used a green Copic marker to color the brads to make them match the green in the leaves. I did the same with a white dew drop on the tag.

5 comments:

Pauline C said...

This is so pretty - love your image and the crocheted flowers are beautiful. Fab interpretation ofo the sketch. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card nancy...I love the image and your beautiful hand crocheted flowers.......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC Hugs kath xxxx

Debbie said...

This is stunning,

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Thank you for the tip on the memento ink and the clear EP! I am gonna try it. This bird card is So pretty ~Jeni

Janiel/ janny said...

Good morning Nancy,
your card is stunning!! I love that you have made your own flowers. I have my mother make mine as I don't have the time. heeheehee..... Thanks for the love you left on my blog..Come visit anytime. janny